Saturday, February 11, 2006

 

"Jefferson Patterson Park in Maryland"

URL to Album:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/meabbott/sets/72157611468202451/

I didn't set out to go to this park. I set out to go to the Battle Creek Cypress Swamp. Because this website didn't indicate which days of the year they were closed I called on Saturday (New Year's Eve) to ask if they would be open Sunday. The guy on the phone said they would be open their usual Sunday hours. They weren't. I would have known that had I gone to this URL, which is now the second hit on google but it wasn't when I first went looking for their website. I'd been there before in late winter or early spring some years ago and was pleased by how quiet the place was. I didn't see many critters but I did see a few tracks and I wanted to go back to take some pictures. Since they were closed I drove South on Rt 4 because I knew there were other places to see. I first stopped at Flag Ponds Nature Park which was also closed.

I then turned around and remembered seeing a sign for the Jefferson Patterson Park. It was kind of a winding scenic road off of Rt 4 and when I got there, it also was closed, but the gates were open so I had the opportunity to wander around. I mainly wandered around an archaeological patch and went down to the beach where I saw some geese which I was in later weeks to discover are EVERYWHERE. I am generally please with this set of photos given that it was my first outing for the purpose of taking pictures with my Canon S2 IS.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?