Sunday, February 12, 2006

 

Baltimore Aquarium 02-05-06

URL to Album:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/meabbott/sets/72157606352951878/

I went to the National Aquarium in Baltimore after I heard that they have a new Australia exhibit. They actually built a new building to attach to the rest of their complex for it and while the exhibit itself is phenomenal, I am disappointed at how little of the space they devoted to it. The second floor is mainly for the shop of which they now have 3 which I think is completely pointless.

Looking through my album you will notice a lack of fish in my photographs. It was too dark to photograph most of them and I wasn’t going to use flash directly towards the animals. The photos will mainly speak for themselves and I enjoyed the experience.

I also went to the World Trade Center in Baltimore which has an observation deck on the 27th floor which offers an excellent view of downtown Baltimore. However, the windows were absolutely filthy and I was appalled that they felt it was OK to charge full price for admission when that is really what they are selling. Despite the windows I was able to get some decent shots of the area and I plan to go up there again on a sunny day to hopefully get some better shots.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?